Pros of Wind Energy:
Wind energy is also one of the cheapest forms of energy available today and therefore it can be used by everyone, including poor farmers from rural areas.
The biggest benefit one can reap out of wind energy is that it generates electricity, but does not release any harmful pollutants or gases as by products. This therefore makes it a safer and cleaner source of energy.
With the use of larger electric grids, higher amount of electricity can be generated, which thus makes electricity accessible to a larger number of households in the vicinity.
Farmers can not only use the electricity for themselves, but can also earn income out of it, by providing electricity to several homes.
Wind energy does not involve the use of any fossil fuels or non-renewable sources of energy like natural gas, coal or oil. This proves that it is an efficient renewable energy.
Wind is a never ending resource, therefore power cuts and power failures are almost non-existent in areas that rely upon wind power to generate electricity.
The main “con” of wind energy is the reliability of wind. You can’t count on the same quantity of wind energy to be generated by your wind turbine. If the wind pace varies the manufacturing of wind energy from the turbine can vary
Lightening causes essentially the most damages to wind turbines. Principally partially because of the tall skinny steel shapes. Areas in hotter region are hit essentially the most frequently.
Wildlife may be endangered. Birds, are identified to try to fly between the operating blades, and they get hit by the blades.
The site prospects of the Turbine may be limited. You might dwell in a windy space, however the only place you can set up it may be in your rooftop – which is subsequent to a neighbors garage redirecting the wind. Or need to start a wind farm and all actual estate is priced accordingly to how much wind power the land has.
Some folks don’t just like the design of wind turbines. Lengthy steel bars, or a lot of them that make up Wind Farms as pictured here.
Attainable noise pollution -There’s a low ‘swoshing’ sound from one residence wind turbine. Nonetheless, the noise from business wind generators or from ‘wind farms’ is similar to the sound of a small jet engine.
Pros & Cons of Solar Energy
Solar Energy Pros:
• Solar panels do not pollute the environment.
• The production of energy from the use of fossil and some renewable fuels can be noisy, yet solar energy produces electricity very quietly.
• pros of solar energy is the ability to harness electricity in remote locations that are not linked to a national grid. A prime example of this is in space, where satellites are powered by high efficiency solar cells.
• The installation of solar panels in remote locations is usually much more cost effective than laying the required high voltage wires.
• Solar panels can be installed on top of many rooftops, which eliminates the problem of finding the required space for solar panel placement.
• Another great pro of solar energy is the cost. Although the initial investment of solar cells may be high, once installed, they provide a free source of electricity, which will pay off over the coming years.
• The use of solar energy to produce electricity allows the user to become less dependent on the worlds fossil fuel supplies.
Solar Energy cons:
• The initial cost is the main disadvantage of installing a solar energy system, largely because of the high cost of the semi-conducting materials used in building one.
• The cost of solar energy is also high compared to non-renewable utility-supplied electricity. As energy shortages are becoming more common, solar energy is becoming more price-competitive.
• Solar panels require quite a large area for installation to achieve a good level of efficiency.
• The efficiency of the system also relies on the location of the sun, although this problem can be overcome with the installation of certain components.
• The production of solar energy is influenced by the presence of clouds or pollution in the air.
• Similarly, no solar energy will be produced during nighttime although a battery backup system and/or net metering will solve this problem.
You can see how the number of advantages associated with solar and wind energy far outweighs their drawbacks.
Alternative Energy Sources Pros and Cons